Jeep Grand Cherokee SPECS
The specifications of the Jeep Grand Cherokee vary depending on the model and trim level. Here are some general specifications for the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L:
- Engine options:
- 3.6-liter V6 engine with 290 horsepower and 257 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7-liter V8 engine with 357 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque
- 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine with 260 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque (available on certain models)
- 6.4-liter V8 engine with 470 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque (SRT model)
- 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine with 707 horsepower and 645 lb-ft of torque (Trackhawk model)
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive (depending on model)
- Seating capacity:
- 5 passengers as standard, with 7 passengers available on the Grand Cherokee L
- Cargo capacity:
- 36.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats
- 68.3 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down
- Towing capacity:
- Up to 7,200 pounds of towing capacity, depending on the engine and configuration
- Fuel economy:
- V6 engine: 19 mpg city / 26 mpg highway (RWD); 18 mpg city / 25 mpg highway (4WD)
- V8 engine: 14 mpg city / 22 mpg highway (4WD)
- EcoDiesel V6 engine: 22 mpg city / 30 mpg highway (4WD)
- SRT and Trackhawk models: 11 mpg city / 17 mpg highway (4WD)
Please note that these specifications are for the 2021 Grand Cherokee L, and the specifications for previous models may vary.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overview
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a mid-size SUV manufactured by the American automobile manufacturer Jeep. It was first introduced in 1993 and has been a popular choice among SUV buyers ever since. The Grand Cherokee has gone through several updates and redesigns over the years, with the most recent model being the 2021 Grand Cherokee L.
The Grand Cherokee is known for its off-road capabilities, spacious and luxurious interior, and powerful engine options. It is available in several trim levels, including the Laredo, Limited, Overland, Summit, SRT, and Trackhawk. The SRT and Trackhawk models are performance-oriented and come with a 6.4-liter V8 or a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine, respectively.
The Grand Cherokee also offers various advanced safety features such as blind-spot monitoring, lane departure warning, and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking. It also comes with a user-friendly infotainment system with features such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a large touchscreen display. Overall, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a well-rounded SUV that offers a balance of luxury, performance, and off-road capability.