Cadillac Escalade repair manual free download
The Cadillac Escalade GMT800 refers to the first generation of the Cadillac, which was produced from 1999 to 2006. The GMT800 platform was a shared platform used by various General Motors (GM) full-size SUVs and trucks during that time. Here are some general specifications for the Cadillac Escalade :
- The early models were equipped with a 5.7-liter Vortec V8 engine.
- In later years, the engine was upgraded to a more powerful 6.0-liter Vortec V8 engine.
- Typically featured a four-speed automatic transmission.
- The interior was known for its luxurious appointments, including leather upholstery, wood trim, and premium sound systems.
- Seating capacity varied based on the configuration, with options for both seven and eight passengers.
- The Escalade GMT800 had a distinctive exterior design, featuring Cadillac’s signature styling elements.
- Available in both two-wheel drive (2WD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) configurations.
- The GMT800 platform utilized independent front suspension and a solid rear axle with coil springs, providing a balance between ride comfort and towing capability.
- Standard safety features included airbags, antilock brakes, stability control, and more, depending on the model year.
- While early models did not have the advanced technology found in modern vehicles, they offered features like premium audio systems and power-adjustable seats.
- The Escalade GMT800 was a full-size SUV, and its dimensions varied based on the model year.
For precise information about a specific model year or trim level, it’s recommended to consult the owner’s manual or contact a Cadillac dealership. Keep in mind that my knowledge is based on information available up to January 2022, and there may have been developments or changes since then.HOME